Monday, November 20, 2017
The North Carolina – Triad Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is now accepting nominations for its National Philanthropy Day® Awards to be presented during a special award luncheon on Monday, November 20, 2017, at Grandover Resort in Greensboro, N.C.
National Philanthropy Day® celebrates the many contributions of philanthropists from across the Triad, and the awards recognize individuals, businesses, families, foundations and organizations who are “Changing the Triad with a Giving Heart.” This year marks the 25th Anniversary of National Philanthropy Day® in the Triad.
Awards to be presented include:
|· Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
· Outstanding Fundraising Professional
· Outstanding Business in Philanthropy
· Outstanding Philanthropic Organization
· Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
|· Outstanding Emerging Philanthropist
· Outstanding Philanthropist (three awards presented from across the Triad)
· Lifetime Achievement Award
Click here for award criteria and online nomination forms. The deadline for nominations is June 30, 2017. For information contact Dale Melton, Development Director at Salemtowne, at 336-714-2196.
2016 National Philanthropy Day Award Recipients
- Elms and Harriet Allen, Lifetime Achievement Award, nominated by Novant Health Foundation and Forsyth Medical Center
- Gerard H. Davidson, Outstanding Philanthropist in Greensboro, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro
- Ned and Katherine Covington, Outstanding Philanthropist in High Point, nominated by Victory Junction
- Marshall B. Bass, Outstanding Philanthropist in Winston Salem, nominated by Capital Development Services and The Winston Salem Foundation
Lathan Verwoerdt, Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County
Reggie and Hope Chapman, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser in Greensboro, nominated by The Salvation Army of Greater Greensboro
- Brenda Sloan, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser in Winston Salem, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Winston Salem
- Kem Ellis, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser in High Point, nominated by Monarch North Carolina
Replacements, Ltd., Outstanding Business in Philanthropy, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro
Home Builders Association of Winston Salem, Outstanding Philanthropic Organization, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Winston Salem
Susan Gies Conley, Outstanding Fundraising Professional, nominated by the Board and Staff of The Children’s Law Center
Spencer Bennett, Outstanding Emerging Philanthropist, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County
President-Elect, Pam Anglin
Outstanding Fundraiser of the Year, Susan Conley
Please CLICK HERE for a list of past honorees.