Monday, November 21, 2016
National Philanthropy Day® (NPD) acknowledges the entire spectrum of services provided by the Triad nonprofit community and recognizes the profound impact that philanthropy has on the fabric of our society. Each year the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) honors individuals, groups, organizations and businesses who, through their hard work and dedication, have enhanced philanthropy, their communities and the world.
We celebrate National Philanthropy Day® because of the extraordinary impact of the charitable sector and the increasing importance philanthropic activities play in our communities. National Philanthropy Day® is celebrated by more than 125 communities and 50,000 people around the world will participate in NPD events and celebrations.
2016 National Philanthropy Day Award Recipients
- Elms and Harriet Allen, Lifetime Achievement Award, nominated by Novant Health Foundation and Forsyth Medical Center
- Gerard H. Davidson, Outstanding Philanthropist in Greensboro, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro
- Ned and Katherine Covington, Outstanding Philanthropist in High Point, nominated by Victory Junction
- Marshall B. Bass, Outstanding Philanthropist in Winston Salem, nominated by Capital Development Services and The Winston Salem Foundation
Lathan Verwoerdt, Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County
Reggie and Hope Chapman, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser in Greensboro, nominated by The Salvation Army of Greater Greensboro
- Brenda Sloan, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser in Winston Salem, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Winston Salem
- Kem Ellis, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser in High Point, nominated by Monarch North Carolina
Replacements, Ltd., Outstanding Business in Philanthropy, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro
Home Builders Association of Winston Salem, Outstanding Philanthropic Organization, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Winston Salem
Susan Gies Conley, Outstanding Fundraising Professional, nominated by the Board and Staff of The Children’s Law Center
Spencer Bennett, Outstanding Emerging Philanthropist, nominated by Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County
President-Elect, Pam Anglin
Outstanding Fundraiser of the Year, Susan Conley
Please CLICK HERE for a list of past honorees.